Tuesday 17 June 2014

17/06/2014

I’m starting to write this post in Microsoft word because as usual the internet DOES NOT WORK. This is a typical occurrence in my parent’s house so I must remember to copy and paste this at some point in time. For some reason I feel like my life has been really hectic recently even though it probably hasn’t. I did a trial shift at a local café and I think it went okay (touch wood and crossing all my fingers ) so I might be employed by the end of the month.  Apart from this I have finished binge watching Game of thrones and House of Cards then I obviously started watching Orange is the new black. Because who am I kidding my life revolves around the next big thing on TV or netfilx. 

But anyway on the weekend I had to attend another awkward family gathering and to say the least the atmosphere in the room wasn't one that is of excitement that is typically associated with a person’s birthday saying that my grandpa did turn 85 so I didn't expect it to be a mega rave.  I definitely would not describe my Dad’s family as close mainly because my grandpa has the emotional range of a rock. But I do know this for a fact I do not want to end up not speaking to my sisters and brother because even though we fight like cats and dogs they are great and I won’t let the family blueprint we have come between us as fully functioning adults. 

No comments:

Post a Comment