Thursday 19 June 2014

19/06/2014- The way of an artist

Yesterday was nothing short of terrible my Mum spent a solid 6 hours shouting at me for no apparent reason. Well I actually think the reason was I said I would not go to the dentist BUT WHO IN THE WORLD LIKES THE DENTIST ??? . No one in their right mind like going to the dentist and on top of that you have to pay money to go to the dentist and money is a thing that I lack at the moment. But my parents want me to stop neglecting my teeth so badly they offered to pay , which does not make me sing for joy. Anyway after being shouted at for a good 6 hours about not taking due care of my teeth , my mum gave me the book An Artists Way. Which is supposed to contain exercises that help to free up and enhance your creativity. The first thing that unsettled me about this book was the high frequency that the word GOD appeared. I for one am not sold on God and religion so that was my first issues with the book. My second issue with the book is that it recommends that you  write 3 PAGES of your thoughts every morning. I struggle to write a page for this blog/journal etc. How is writing 3 pages of my thoughts supposed to  help me rediscover my creative ability , I have no clue ? But then I had a light bulb moment. I that do think too much about things I shouldn't really spend so much time thinking about. So I need to stop myself drifting of  into day dreams of event that will never occur to free my mind and let me become the artist I can be. So I will attempt to follow the artists way but I feel that I can edit the content of the book to suit my needs. Because writing 3 pages of prose in the morning is unrealistic for most people so I am going to see the book as a rough guide in order to rediscover my creative ability that I lost somewhere growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment