Monday 16 June 2014

16/06/2014- Out of the loop.

Sometimes I feel that I am stuck in the early 2000's. I don't have a smart phone and the internet connection in my parents house is terrible. I sometimes feel that the world in moving so quickly and I can't keep up. But other times I like being left behind , because it keeps me centered. Everything these days involves technology to some extent, and I know it helps to connect us and keep us together. Most of the time when I am walking down the street I see little kids with better phones than me. The internet connection in my parents house is always down and I have to re connect to it so much it feels like I still have dial up. I find this both a blessing and a curse at the same time. The awful internet connection has forced me to go out into the world and give out CV's for what feels like my never ending job hunt. But on the flip side not keeping up with the world makes me feel like I am about 1 million steps behind people of my own age and older. This has been able to give me some perspective on the matter. And this is probably an issue that I shouldn't dwell on too much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment