Friday 29 August 2014

Rambling - 29/08/2014

For some strange reason at the moment I feel compelled to write. I have never really had a feeling like this before. Writing is so easy in the 21st century we have computers and word processing and spell check which means even a dyslexic like me can write. But being able to write and use words well is a talent a talent I long to have. Recently I read a book called the Opposite of loneliness. The woman who wrote was born to write her stories flowed in the way droplets of rain flow down a window. Other people were also born to do certain things Sylvia Plath was a born write, Mozart was born to compose music and Picasso was born to paint. These great people found their path in life young so of course they were masters in their fields. I now finally know what I want to do I want to write. Write and travel. So help me I will teach myself to write. I have been lacking direction and I have been as clueless as Cher about what I want to do with my days weeks and years. But finally I know now at 22. When I was a child I used to live with book and I read a huge amount of fiction. For the past few years I did not realise that I lost a part of myself because of workings of the world. I feel that I have years of reading to catch on. But I will and it will be beautiful. I feel that this thought process of mine is very self-centred and about what I want to do. I feel the word want is petulant and demanding but I have no clue what other words can replace it. I crave excitement and adventures which are probably the reason I want to write .To I have the sensations and experiences I desire to have. But the more sensible logical part of my brain says that this is impractical and I should just settle in life. But I am not a settler. I may not become Xenia the warrior princess or be a queen of a Amazon tribe but I will live life to its fullest extent.    

No comments:

Post a Comment